As the year comes to a close, the ADAPTABLE Study team would like to wish everyone a
happy, healthy, and safe holiday and all the best in the New Year. This year has been a memorable year for ADAPTABLE and we would like to take a moment to reflect on accomplishments during 2016, several of which were groundbreaking and could not have been achieved without the hard work and dedication of our patient partners, clinicians, researchers, and study leaders.
One of the highlights for many ADAPTABLE team members was the opportunity to meet in person and to interact with our patient partners at the ADAPTABLE Post Enrollment Kick-off Meeting. Watch this video for an inside glimpse of the meeting.
We hope that you join us in celebrating the many successes of 2016:
- Launched ADAPTABLE Portal providing e-consent and direct patient follow-up. Patient partners played a key role in development of the consent form and portal design.
- Enrolled the first participant in April at Vanderbilt. All eight participating Clinical Data Research Networks (CDRNs) have now activated at least 1 site.
- Identified over 190,000 eligible patients in participating healthcare systems using an electronic computable phenotype.
- Launched the patient partnership with our ADAPTOR team and Health eHeart Alliance, a cardiovascular Patient Powered Research Network, in all aspects of the trial including key insights into development of the consent form, trial portal, and recruitment strategies.
- Successful Post-Enrollment Kick-off Meeting in October bringing clinicians, researchers, and patient partners together. Establishing four working groups based on key discussions that will be launched in early 2017.
- Endorsement by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Board of Governors and dissemination of ADAPTABLE information to all ACC state chapters.
- Support from the American Heart Association (AHA) for the goals and objectives of the trial.
- Established partnership with ACC and AHA patient engagement teams for collaborative outreach campaigns utilizing social media channels.
- Held inaugural Facebook Live event at AHA in partnership with REACHnet that had over 6,000 views and reached over 30,000 people.
- Approached more than 20,000 patients for recruitment, many through utilizing large scale approach methods.
- Enrolled almost 700 patients at 15 sites, over 8 months in the United States – well above any prior experiences with traditional trials in that time span.
- Distributed the first prep-to-research query for ADAPTABLE accessing overall readiness of datamarts. First ADAPTABLE specific query will be sent in 2017.
- Developed, finalized, and distributed a protocol amendment with input from the various ADAPTABLE committees, CDRNs, and ADAPTORS.